top of page

If you are an out-of-state student, you have two choices in order to vote. You can either choose to vote in your home state (absentee ballot) or you can choose to register to vote in Mt. Pleasant while you are a student at CMU.


If you choose to vote in your home state, you can check your state’s voter registration requirements at and follow your state’s guidelines for registering and voting absentee.


If you choose to register to vote in Mt. Pleasant, you can do so, using your current Mt. Pleasant residence as your address. Download a paper registration form available online at or fill out a paper registration form at a voter registration drive and deliver it to the City or Township Clerk depending on where you live in Mt Pleasant. Remember that each time you change your address in Mt. Pleasant (residence hall to apartment, for example), you will need to change your voter registration.  As an out-of-state student, you do not need to change your driver’s license to Michigan.

bottom of page